[CT Birds] Critical Waterbird Nesting Time

Nick Bonomo nbonomo at gmail.com
Thu Jun 6 08:34:25 EDT 2013

>From a scientific perspective, have there been any studies done relating
human beach traffic to breeding success rate? Several years ago at a talk
in Massachusetts, a veteran plover authority once told me that, at least
locally, there was no significant difference in breeding success between
completely closed beaches and those with heavy below-high-tide-line-only
foot traffic, which I found interesting. Has anything been published on the
matter for either plovers or terns?

Nick Bonomo
Wallingford, CT
www.shorebirder.com