[CT Birds] FW: CAS Experts to Speak at Fairfield County Events

Tina and Peter Green petermgreen at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 3 14:23:00 EDT 2013

Here are two opportunities to hear two of the best in CT.Please try to attend one or both of these meetings.

Tina Green

Connecticut Audubon Society's conservation biologists will be the keynote speakers at the annual meetings of two Fairfield County organizations this month.

Both events are free and open to the public. We invite you to attend to learn more about our programs and about these two other worthwhile organizations.
On Thursday, June 6, Milan Bull, our senior director of science and conservation, will make a presentation to the Friends of Sherwood Island about the decline of aerial insectivores, which was the subject of our Connecticut 2013 State of the Birds report.

Miley's topics will include things individuals can do to help aerial insectivores. He will be joined by Phil Donahue, media personality, writer and producer, who has successfully provided nesting boxes for Purple Martins on his property in Westport.

The meeting is set for 7 p.m. at the Sherwood Island State Park Nature Center, in Westport. It's free and the public is welcome.

At the Aspetuck Land Trust's annual meeting, on Wednesday, June 12, Anthony Zemba, our director of conservation services, will discuss the landmark comprehensive conservation and management plan Connecticut Audubon Society prepared for Aspetuck's Trout Brook Valley Preserve in 2012.

The meeting is set for 7 p.m. at the Pequot Library in Southport. It is free and open to the public.

For more information, click here.

Forward email

This email was sent to petermgreen at hotmail.com by tandersen at ctaudubon.org |
Connecticut Audubon Society | 2325 Burr Street | Fairfield | CT | 06824