[CT Birds] Baby Hairy

Dana Campbell dana.l.campbell at gmail.com
Mon Jun 3 15:02:30 EDT 2013

6/3 - So much fun to watch the backyard birds!  I have identified at least
two pairs of RT Hummers coming to my feeder, and there are probably many
more than that.  Today the Hairy Woodpecker parents showed up at the suet
feeder with a big, freshly turned out baby, begging away.  The local
Mockingbird has been singing almost non-stop his medley of (among others)
Carolina Wren, Eastern Bluebird, House Wren, House Finch, Kildeer, Blue
Jay, American Robin, and Eastern Phoebe calls, and a Blue Jay has been
chasing the competition away from the feeders by imitating a begging RT
Hawk baby.  Never a dull moment.

Dana Campbell, Interim Rector
St. Andrew's Episcopal Church, Meriden
dana.l.campbell at gmail.com

“To pay attention, this is our endless and proper work.”
-- Mary Oliver