[CT Birds] Periodical Cicadas in Cheshire/Hamden

Steve Mayo and Rebecca Horowitz rsdmayo at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jun 5 19:35:25 EDT 2013

It was much quieter when Judy Moore and I returned to this site at about 6:00 pm.  A few hundred meters up the road at the trail head of the De Dominici's Preserve, we observed a few dozen shed skins (many along tree trunks), a couple dead, malformed individuals, a dozen or so teneral adults on lower leaves, grasses and roses, and a few adults flying about the trees.

'Evidence of that afternoon spectacle.

Steve Mayo