[CT Birds] Greenwich Tod's Point Osprey and Hummingbird update June 6

shootsnaps at aol.com shootsnaps at aol.com
Thu Jun 6 17:33:36 EDT 2013

Gray, cool day.
The Osprey pair seemed almost ambivalent today, still adding sticks and arranging them. "Adjusting the furniture?" Mrs. O left the nest momentarily unoccupied, but did not go far, returning a few minutes later.

No apparent feeding activity, but the visit was short, ~ 30 minutes.

Pix at http://www.libraphotography.com/osprey-nesting-2013.html

Mrs. Hummingbird was atop her nest. I'll check in as often as possible. SWhe's up high in a tree, and the angle poor, but I think we can get pix if she has any young. New Page at http://www.libraphotography.com/hummingbird-nest-2013.html . Please notice the change in the nest since Sunday.

AL Scuterud
Old Greenwich