[CT Birds] Greenwich Tod's Point Osprey & Hummer update June 9

shootsnaps at aol.com shootsnaps at aol.com
Sun Jun 9 22:47:28 EDT 2013

Sunday, June 9 finally saw Mr & Mrs O feeding a chick on the Eagle Island Nest at Tod's Point. I got definitive video, and some tough to interpret stills (I can't do both at the same time). Early in my observation, ~ 3:00pm, Mrs O was on the nest, apparently shading the unseen chick. I saw this behavior last week. Finally, around 4:00 pm, Mr O arrived with food which he fed to the chick. Mrs O took over, and seemed to send Mr O out for more.

Pix at http://www.libraphotography.com/osprey-nesting-2013.html

Mrs Hummingbird was on her nest today. No apparent chicks as yet. She has added more to the exterior.

Pix at http://www.libraphotography.com/hummingbird-nest-2013.html

Local to our home, we saw a R.T. Hummingbird on our feeder, and two catbirds on our ornamental cherry tree eating the fruit.

AL Scuterud
Old Greenwich