[CT Birds] raccoons and hummingbirds

Carole Donagher cdonagher at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 11 07:55:15 EDT 2013

My hummingbird feeders also get raided at night this time of year.  I also presume a raccoon on occasions when one feeder which is hanging from a lightweight and relatively short shepherd's hook is still hanging there, but empty with the top tilted a little bit crooked...very gently not losing a drop I guess.  Flowers below are not disturbed.

On the other hand, the bear bends the pole right over at a 90 degree angle, sometimes breaking the feeder and sometimes taking it altogether.

Carole Donagher
Farmington