[CT Birds] Stratford Skimmers & Oyster Catchers & Nesting Willets?

Donna Caporaso donnacap at aol.com
Sat Jun 15 22:14:26 EDT 2013

Long Beach, Stratford (Sat & Sun)
3 Skimmers in marsh behind Long Beach
2 Oyster Catchers
1 Piping Plover
Gulls are starting to come back!  :)

Greenway (Beacon Point Road)
There are 2 Willets that I believe are nesting in the tall grass at the second "curvey" sign when you walk the paved path.  You can't miss them, one is usually sitting on the sign and making quite a ruckus when someone goes by.  I've seen them there the past 3 days.  Let's hope the Town of Stratford doesn't CUT the tall grass/wildflowers/weeds!
Five Osprey feed at the Greenway pretty regularly as well.

Donna Caporaso
Stratford, CT