[CT Birds] Cedar Waxwings

teustis at killingworthlibrary.org teustis at killingworthlibrary.org
Mon Jun 10 10:19:57 EDT 2013

The waxwings arrived here in Chester about a week ago, but they really picked up in numbers this past weekend, with the ripening of the fruit on our weeping cherry tree. You take your chances, sitting under the tree to read or sip coffee - there's a constant bombardment of disposed berries. The waxwings seem to move through the yard on a schedule, appearing in the early morning for a nosh, then flying off to return in mid-late afternoon. They also seem to be fond of something in our poplar tree.
I would guess our flock to be at about 12-14 birds maximum.
~ Tammy Eustis, Chester