[CT Birds] Raccoons and Hummingbird Feeders Anyone?

Joseph.Bear at rbs.com Joseph.Bear at rbs.com
Mon Jun 10 11:35:59 EDT 2013

Apologies if this has already been discussed here, but has anyone experienced raccoons draining their hummingbird feeders at night?  I initially thought the feeder had a bad seal and was leaking, until I tried another one and it was "leaking" too, and only at night.  Haven't actually seen the culprit, but we have raccoons around the house (as I'm quickly reminded of when I leave the garage door open- e.g. bird seed) so guessing it must be them.  I took my baffle off for the summer as didn't think I needed it for a hanging Mandevilla plant and hummingbird feeder, but guess I do.

Joe Bear

Joseph Bear
Director, Treasury
Markets & International Banking
RBS Americas HQ, 600 Washington Boulevard, Stamford, CT, 06901, USA
Office: +1 203 897 2703  |  Fax: +1 203 873 3192

Invitation to consider a derivatives transaction: This
communication, where prepared by the sales and trading desk or desk
strategists, may be marketing material, desk strategy and/or trader
commentary.  It is not a product of the research department.  This
material may constitute an invitation to consider entering into a
derivatives transaction under U.S. CFTC Regulations §§ 1.71 and
23.605, where applicable, but is not a binding offer to buy/sell
any financial instrument.  The views of the author may differ from
others at The Royal Bank of Scotland plc, The Royal Bank of
Scotland N.V. and/or RBS Securities Inc. (collectively "RBS").

This message (including any attachments) is confidential and/or
privileged. It is to be used by the intended recipients only. If
you have received it by mistake please notify the sender by return
e-mail and delete this message from your system. Any unauthorized
use or dissemination of this message in whole or in part is
strictly prohibited. Please note that e-mails are inherently
insecure and susceptible to change. The Royal Bank of Scotland
Group, plc ("RBS") and its subsidiaries, and affiliates and
subsidiary undertakings, including but not limited to, RBS plc New
York and Connecticut Branches, RBS Securities Inc., The Royal Bank
of Scotland N.V. New York and Chicago Branches (formerly named ABN
AMRO Bank N.V.), Citizens Financial Group, Inc. and RBS Citizens,
N.A., shall not be liable for the improper or incomplete
transmission of the information contained in this communication or
Attachment nor for any delay in its receipt or damage to your
system. RBS does not guarantee that the integrity of this
communication has been maintained nor that this communication is
free of viruses, interceptions or interference. For the protection
of RBS and its clients and customers, and in compliance with
regulatory requirements, the contents of both incoming and outgoing
e-mail communications, which could include proprietary information
and non-public personal information (‘NPPI’), may be reviewed. RBS
and its subsidiaries and affiliates do not guarantee the accuracy
of any email or attachment, that an email will be received or that
RBS or its affiliates and subsidiaries will respond to an email.
RBS makes no representations that any information contained in this
message (including any attachments) are appropriate for use in all
locations or that transactions, securities, products, instruments
or services discussed herein are available or appropriate for sale
or use in all jurisdictions, or by all investors or counterparties.
Those who utilize this information do so on their own initiative
and are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws or

USA PATRIOT Act Customer Notice: To help the government fight the
funding of terrorism and money laundering activities, federal law
requires all U.S. financial institutions to obtain, verify, and
record information that identifies each customer who opens an
account. What this means to our customers: When we open an account
on your behalf or we provide services to a business entity, we will
ask for its name and address as well as a tax identification number
for U.S. entities or other government issued identification number
for non-US entities. In addition, we may also ask for documents
and/or information relating to the business's formation as well as
its principals and/or beneficial owners.