[CT Birds] W Hartford Cedar Waxwings

Boletebill boletebill at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 10 12:26:40 EDT 2013

My experience with Cedar Waxwings, wanderers that they are, is that in June if you are in an area with ripening Shadbush berries you are very likely to see them; they seem to me to have geographic large scale Shadberry trap-lines that the tend in June, the same way Hummingbirds have small-scale nectar trap-lines.
I have no scientific data to back this perception up, it's a speculation on my part but isn't that what wanderers do? Have a circuit they travel following available food stocks?
Bill Yule