[CT Birds] Raccoons and Hummingbird Feeders Anyone?

David F Provencher david.f.provencher at dom.com
Mon Jun 10 15:45:27 EDT 2013

I was thinking bats as well Roy but I'm not sure if the density around here is high enough for emptying the feeder (unlike the tropics where dozens of bats may be using one feeder all night). Maybe Flying Squirrels as well. I agree however that raccoons would likely at some point just take the feeder and be gone.

David Provencher
Subject: Re: [CT Birds] Raccoons and Hummingbird Feeders Anyone?

If the hummingbird feeders are still in place I have my doubts about them being drained at night by racoons.  I haven't noticed anyone suggest bats yet, though I might have missed it.

Roy Harvey
Beacon Falls, CT

in error, and delete it.  Thank you.