[CT Birds] Raccoons and Hummingbird Feeders Anyone?

Donna Rose Smith drsmith006 at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jun 10 17:25:18 EDT 2013

I have raccoons that will empty a hummingbird feeder in minutes if I don't hang it high enough and with a baffle over the top. We could here them slurping the nectar through the open window. Looked outside and sure enough that was what was emptying the feeder. They would reach up to it from a railing with it 2 1/2 feet up above. Now every year they try to see if this is the year they can get at it again.

Donna Rose Smith