[CT Birds] Hammo "improvements"

SOPHIE ZYLA sophiezyla at snet.net
Wed Jun 19 12:06:54 EDT 2013

We are not insignificant, possibly just too passive. In a 2006 U.S. Department of the Interior & U.S. Fish & Wildlife Services report "Birding in the United States: A Demographic and Economic Analysis" there were 48 million birders generating $82 billion. Estimates were $12 billion on birding trips and $24 billion on equipment with $6 billion going to State tax revenue and $4 billion in Federal tax revenue. 28% of CT folks participate in birding related activities. Is it time to make our voices heard and promote CT as an Important Birding Hot Spot for residents and tourists alike? Rather than throw in the towel it is time to join in with those working toward that goal for us.
http://digitalmedia.fws.gov/cdm/singleitem/collection/document/id/176

Just my thoughts

Sophie Zyla
Beacon Falls