[CT Birds] Fwd: Hammonasset

john@birdspix.com schwarzjs at aol.com
Wed Jun 19 15:30:23 EDT 2013

A petition certainly couldn't hurt, but I agree with you that it would best originate from an organization with at least a modicum of gravitas (such as perhaps the COA), which you or I as individuals lack. It would be helpful to get this controversy aired on the evening news shows too.  I'd be happy to do whatever I can to help, but I wouldn't want to inadvertently step on the toes of the COA or any other organized group with the appropriate authority to accomplish this, and who might quite properly see it as their own purview to take the lead. I think there really needs to be a very organized effort here, with a thoroughly thought out strategy, if there is even a chance of accomplishing the desired result. This will require someone in charge (not me), and a "chain of command" to assure consistency and avoid duplication of efforts. I fear mere individuals acting alone have no chance to be successful, as they are simply too easy to brush off and ignore.