[CT Birds] June 27, Priorities for the CT DEEP

Comins, Patrick PCOMINS at audubon.org
Fri Jun 21 12:42:46 EDT 2013

This was brought to my attention as perhaps a forum to get the issue of bird habitats more on the radar screen of DEEP.  Deputy Commissioner McCleary heads up the Long Island Sound side of the agency, not parks, but it's always good to increase the visibility of birds and birding with the agency.  Unfortunately, I'm out of the state, but hopefully some folks can make it.  There are a lot of us who care about birds and birding and it would be good to make our voices heard.  Timing is good because the state and federal partners are now updating the Long Island Sound Comprehensive Conservation and Management Plan.  We'd love to see birds and wildlife habitat figure prominently in that document!

Patrick
Patrick M. Comins
Director of Bird Conservation

Audubon Connecticut
185 East Flat Hill Road
Southbury, CT 06488

Phone: (203)264-5098 x308
Fax: (203)264-6332

SoundWaters Business & Environment Series
Thursday, June 27, 2013

Topic: Upcoming Priorities at the CT DEEP

Speaker: Mack McCleary
               Deputy Commissioner, CT DEEP

The public is invited to attend SoundWaters Networking and Speaker Series. There is no charge, however lunch is served and reservations are strongly requested by Tuesday, June 25.

TOPIC       Upcoming Priorities for the CT DEEP: What can we expect for
               energy, environment and Long Island Sound?
SPEAKER  Mack McCleary, Deputy Commissioner, CT DEEP

DATE\TIME Thursday, June 27, 2013, 12 noon - 1:30 pm
               Networking and Lunch: 12 - 12:30 pm
               Presentation / Q&A: 12:30 - 1:30 pm
     PLACE      UConn Stamford, One University Place, Stamford,
                     First Floor, Follow the signs to the Multi-Purpose Room.
                     For directions, Click here.<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=001fC-7DkFpBBPCW3K_BFJ1gKXR0VTJDcEjGoZgfzutNa1pYbPjDq9yh55tg94WwTzm2g4SadVfdpqVh5Wgi5pjMOqc3iKN5fHulClIkaccjXhPrjF-y4g9DDh_LOuYt-nlILCy55Eiedc=>

RESERVATIONS  To register online, Click here<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=001fC-7DkFpBBPrfV2OF_i9NCphMiijkrQbBXoPtDBdQ1jQF5i9WLkEI426O6XGopMxFo-pe_Fnb2EaEI0j5GiWfykaQCR8Briyju9MU1_xecKRgy1CIsIg-2yM47yKqTPn9Tu5gMBZUtXBz3bhrY_x8dK0rSsx92_PNPK8_SsYJmgnxPCK5LnQoSyacXq9b-Q8L4pNu2x5HjEnwGxudJIh3g==> or visit www.soundwaters.org;<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=001fC-7DkFpBBPhCJkoxgFj_V7FtsMPxEiyzD2guwqM6MP2e19JZoXz4XNpLUx_vfVGtQ93uap9IuTTnT9dqcXYooK6qqntvO_rNt4VeG8os20aM0udr7oofE8J3iq5U7P6> call 203-406-3336; or email soundbusiness at soundwaters.org<mailto:soundbusiness at soundwaters.org>.
SPONSOR    Sikorsky Aircraft

   SoundWaters 1281 Cove Road Stamford, CT 06902 www.soundwaters.org<http://www.soundwaters.org> 203-323-1978

Forward email<http://ui.constantcontact.com/sa/fwtf.jsp?llr=svb5l8n6&m=1011309545138&ea=aecollins83%40hotmail.com&a=1113859466936>

SoundWaters | Cove Island Park | 1281 Cove Road | Stamford | CT | 06902