[CT Birds] Meriden cicada update

Lori Mott zoogirl527 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 23 00:59:15 EDT 2013

Hi,
If anyone is still interested in finding the 17 year cicadas, the colony on
the access road from Hubbard Park to Castle Craig was still very active and
loud yesterday (Friday 6/21).  Once I turned left over the dam I could
start to hear them.  Just past the sharp turn to the left seemed to be the
hotspot.  It was very loud and unmistakable, with insects flying in the
trees above us.  The colony on Gwen Road/Jeffrey Lane area seems to be
gone.  No sound at all, no movement in the trees, and dead insects all over
the road.

Thanks to everyone who responded to me!

Lori Mott