[CT Birds] Hammonasset "improvements"

Comins, Patrick PCOMINS at audubon.org
Tue Jun 18 16:19:50 EDT 2013

Regarding the filling of the pools, it was brought to our attention after the fact and not by DEEP. Believe me, it would not be possible to be less happy about it than I am.

We have been in touch with DEEP about this and are continuing to talk to them about this and several issues of concern with regard to bird habitats at State Parks.  Please stay tuned for opportunities to contact the state about these issues, but in the mean time, please feel free to contact Commissioner Esty as Tina suggested.   We are in the process of setting up a meeting with DEEP...efforts now accelerating.  Yes Tina, we'd love to have you at a meeting!

 We really need to make our voices heard and let it be known that Hammonasset and other State Parks are important to birds AND to the citizens of Connecticut.

Patrick M. Comins
Director of Bird Conservation

Audubon Connecticut
185 East Flat Hill Road<x-apple-data-detectors://0>
Southbury, CT 06488<x-apple-data-detectors://0>

Phone: (203)264-5098 x308<tel:(203)264-5098;308>
Fax: (203)264-6332<tel:(203)264-6332>

Audubon Connecticut is on Facebook:http://www.facebook.com/AudubonCT
The Audubon Alliance for Coastal Waterbirds is on Facebook:https://www.facebook.com/pages/Audubon-Alliance-for-Coastal-Waterbirds/168520783251234
Friends of Conte is on Facebook:http://www.facebook.com/pages/Friends-of-the-Silvio-O-Conte-National-Fish-and-Wildlife-Refuge/121976791147545?v=wall