[CT Birds] Greenwich Tod's Point Osprey nest/chicks update June 15 - 18

shootsnaps at aol.com shootsnaps at aol.com
Tue Jun 18 18:18:06 EDT 2013

The two Osprey chicks seem to be thriving in the nest. On the 18th, it was quite warm at midday. I observed Mrs O apparently spreading her wings, occasionally stirring the air. I don't know if this is to just stretch or to actually cool the chicks. I also observed Mr O chase another Osprey that ventured into their space.

Later, he arrived with another branch which they arranged into the nest. It's interesting that the chicks get to see their parents building as they grow.

They are still very small, so really detailed pix are difficult, but I've posted some new shots. Look hard, they are there!
@ http://www.libraphotography.com/osprey-nesting-2013.html

Mrs. Hummgbird continues to sit on her nest. No other activity apparent.

AL Scuterud
Old Greenwich