[CT Birds] Sharp shinned Hawk

Carrier Graphics carriergraphics at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jun 22 13:47:54 EDT 2013

Was wondering why no Titmice and Chickadees were utilizing my bird feeder. Well I now know why. Once again, I saw a male Sharp shinned Hawk take an Immature Titmouse right out of the tree who was in with three others there. I saw this in May, and now again in June. I believe they have a nest somewhere in the back woods, and have been feeding off the Titmouse and Chickadee population here in my yard. Several times this month I have seen Titmice feathers under or near the feeder I have in a Cedar tree. I am going to stop feeding from this feeder.

Paul Carrier - Harwinton