[CT Birds] Birds and State Parks

Arthur Shippee ashippee at snet.net
Sun Jun 23 15:31:41 EDT 2013

Dear Dan and Tom;

Thanks for this response, largely helpful.  I do have one question, relating to some of the concerns raised recently.  You write:

On Jun 23, 2013, at 10:35 AM, Chris Woods wrote:

>> to fill small depressions in edge of the parking lot is not impervious asphalt pavement, but rather it is recycled road “millings”,

Yet, one of the points made in recent emails was that some of these depressions are seasonally breeding grounds for frogs, as well as migrating birds.  Did they need to be removed?  Can some depressions for seasonal puddles be created?  Are there good equivalents elsewhere close by?

That is the sort of small touch that one might easily overlook, but which a locally-experienced observer might know about.

Again, thanks, and good luck.
	Yours, Arthur Shippee