[CT Birds] Nightbird Survey

kmueller at ntplx.net kmueller at ntplx.net
Mon Jun 24 11:45:21 EDT 2013

A few years back, we would hear at least 5 (or more) Whip-poor-wills
calling out back behind my house in Killingworth on the private
land/now water company land on any given summer night. In fact I had
seen a few flying over our yard at dusk a few times, and my neighbor
down the street would have a pair of them on their front porch railing
and gravel driveway on many nights. I haven't heard a single
Whip-poor-will in the last five years....or the many Great Horned,
Barred and Screech Owls either. This is really sad.

K MUeller
Killingworth