[CT Birds] Hammonasset

wingsct at juno.com wingsct at juno.com
Tue Jun 25 07:01:25 EDT 2013

John, Thank you for your persistance in pursuing this issue.May I also suggest that any communications, especially e-mails, be cc'd to your state reps andsenators, and hey, why not our governor.  If many of us speak up, this could also bring more pressureto bear on DEEP's policy of parks mis-manangement, which is also a problem in towns around the state.   Hopefully, we could encourage a more open dialogue that includes public input resulting in a more wholistic, environmentally-wiser practice of parks management that would benefit habitats and wildlife.  We all know this can be done and be a win/win for both wildlife and humans.  The challengeis to create the will to change very outdated concepts of parks where nature was something to be "conquered", landscapes were molded, reshaped, solely for human activities and aesthetics, to onethat is more attuned with the natural world, not against it. Meredith SampsonOld Greenwich