[CT Birds] Hammonnasset pathway

Susanne Shrader birdgirrl at comcast.net
Tue Jun 25 14:35:45 EDT 2013

I reached Tom Tyler, he picked up the phone immediately.  He spent a lot of time with me and was very articulate. As others have mentioned, he felt that his job was to maintain the safety of the people (customers) and that the low area was really an area of the parking lot and it did not need prior public notice. He said that he has turned the question of whether this was an important ecosystem over to the wildlife division.  He told me that if they can develop a plan to turn another area of the park into similar habitat, and come up with a concrete plan, and, I assume, funds, that he would do it.

Susanne Shrader
birdgirrl at comcast.net