[CT Birds] shame on us

Beverly Propen bpropen at gmail.com
Thu Jun 27 12:58:18 EDT 2013

Hi Paul,
It is soooo very disturbing what the human race does to this
planet....birds, wildlife, habitats.  Previous National Geographics had
articles on the horrific slaughter of elephants (and the wildlife officers
trying to protect them)  in Africa, bears in China and I couldn't finish
reading the articles.  It is good that they are exposing these horrible
abuses .
After the article about the slaughter of elephants, there were numerous
news and media articles about it, and what help was being offered.  Even
Secretary of State Clinton, commented and offered assistance.
But for us birders, it is particularly heart breaking to read about
cruelty issues like this, in addition to the fact that so much of the world
bird populations are plummeting.
The very least that I feel I can do is to support birding and wildlife
organizations whose ethics reflect my own.
But it is extremely upsetting. One really feels helpless.
Bev Propen, Orange