[CT Birds] Fwd: Hammonasset State Park

Sally Brown sbrown01 at snet.net
Fri Jun 28 07:41:54 EDT 2013

I just received a reply from Tom Tyler, Director of the State Parks.

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Tyler, Tom" <Tom.Tyler at ct.gov>
Date: June 28, 2013 7:24:51 AM EDT
To: "Sally Brown" <sbrown01 at snet.net>
Subject: RE: Hammonasset State Park

Hi Dr. Brown,

Thank you for your note and photos of the parking area at Meigs Point.  I appreciate your perspective

On the specifics of your concern about the public parking on the new sidewalk.  Yes, the sidewalk is not working as planned, as the signage and stiping of the cross walks has not yet been completed.

Our hope is that once the public is provided with direction of where to walk (and where not to park) that we will have a much safer situation where the public walking to and from the beach will have a dedicated path that will keep them away from the cars coming into the parking lot

Thank you again for taking the time to share your concerns (and photos)

Tom Tyler