[CT Birds] Wind turbine death

Mardi Dickinson mardi1d at gmail.com
Fri Jun 28 22:52:42 EDT 2013

Nick,

Thanks to you and Julian for passing this info along. I will tweet it out from several I manage.

Wind Turbines is just another potential major problem on the coast and other areas in CT as a whole.
Wrong location and placement (migration corridors) would be catastrophic for the entire bird population!
So keep your ears and eyes out on this sneaky problem. Many areas around the US have this on going
problem as many know. Kim Kaufman of BSBO out in NW Ohio, along with American Bird Conservancy and
many others have been battling wind turbine issues for sometime. This could happen in Connecticut as we
speak and we don't even know it,till its too late! That is the way these companies operate with lots of grey areas.
Deals done privately without the publics knowledge. Nothing today as you drive by., Wind Turbines tomorrow.
It is the issues of location and placement that is a very troubling and a real problem for birds. Take a look at this
http://www.bsbo.org/wind_energy.htm

Cheers,
Mardi Dickinson
Norwalk, CT