[CT Birds] Flycatcher ID help

Elaine Taylor etbchs at aol.com
Sat Jun 29 16:14:31 EDT 2013

I had a flycatcher singing away this morning atop a small evergreen. It was singing loudly but not the typical Fitz- u melody. The song was much longer. I noticed what appeared to be a raised, dark cap on its head... It was primarily grey but in the morning light I could not detect other colors. At first I thought it was a catbird, but the tail was more forked, it was smaller and  the beak was definitely a flycatcher.Any thoughts on what it could be so I can check some photos out?