[CT Birds] Hammonasset and the Road Millings

Pat psmithct at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jun 24 08:41:11 EDT 2013

As an interesting aside to this ongoing conversation regarding the paving and the pools that have been filled in.  My room mate who doesn't even follow this blog drove home from the New Haven area to here in Waterford on I-95 noticed that the highway is being scraped near Hammonasset, and posited that what is really going on is that they needed a convenient place to dump the tailings from this work.

The connection makes sense, and if so - obviously no natural or wetland concerns were part of the equation.  Only convenience for DOT.

Patrick Smith
Waterford CT

Sent from my iPad