[CT Birds] Eyes in the field

kmueller at ntplx.net kmueller at ntplx.net
Wed Jun 26 13:50:10 EDT 2013

I agree with Mark. But I have always pondered this question??......If
dog owners have to pick up the poop after/from their dogs....how are
the people with Horses getting away without doing it?? I would say it
would take quite a few dog deposits to equal just one horse pile.
Maybe its me, but I haven't seen one horse rider carrying a shovel,
broom and garbage bag with them when they are sauntering through the
Park. I seem to remember the entire road to Willard's Island covered
with multiple horse land mines last winter....and if you looked in
between the cedar trees along the road you could find many carefully
tied plastic bags of neatly bundled dog poop tossed indiscriminately
into the high grass in the marsh. What about the many unleashed dogs
running up and down the beach while trying to ( I repeat-trying to)
photograph Shorebirds and Gulls which left in haste being persuaded by
the nipping canines just a few feet away from their fleeing tails. How
many of us have been asked to move our cars (and/or) get ticketed for
parking along the road to photograph a Stilt Sandpiper or Iceland Gull
while the dog racing marathons continue on the beach.....of course
without any intervention. I think I have figured it out....its the
birders, photographers and the cars that are the problem!!

We need some continuity!!!

K Mueller