[CT Birds] Red bellied woodpecker

teustis at killingworthlibrary.org teustis at killingworthlibrary.org
Thu Jun 27 10:22:56 EDT 2013

 It most likely is from this season's crop. We had a red-bellied fledge (2 or 3 young ones) last weekend, and they're all eagerly following the parents around, begging suet and learning the ropes. They look pretty much like the parents, just smaller and with no red on their necks.
Other yard babies for us this year include: catbirds, pileateds, downy woodpecker,s rose-breasted grosbeaks, chickadees, robins, and cardinals.
~ Tammy Eustis, Chester