[CT Birds] Greenwich Tod's Point Osprey update June 24- 27

shootsnaps at aol.com shootsnaps at aol.com
Thu Jun 27 16:38:48 EDT 2013

Trying not to add fuel to the fire regarding human intervention, but the summer camp at the Point opened Monday, and there were canoes circling close to the island, and the Osprey parents both in the air circling/calling. I saw the same on Tuesday: fortunately, no camp Wednesday or Thursday. I am trying to build a dialogue to work with Parks/Rec personnel to establish a little better circle of respect for the family.

Meantime, it was very foggy today at noon, and while I got pix, they are highly enhanced. Despite that, you can see they are growing. Mrs O was on the nest for a while and called to Mr O who was off in the overlook trees. Later she joined him and was calling at him. Don't know if she wanted lunch for the chicks, or for him to take over the nest.

@ http://www.libraphotography.com/osprey-hatchlings-2013.html

Again, no one on the hummingbird nest. Last time I saw it occupied was June 18th.