[CT Birds] Confusing cuckoo

Angeladimmitt at aol.com Angeladimmitt at aol.com
Tue Jul 2 11:57:04 EDT 2013

7/2 New Milford yard - I've heard many cuckoos but one this  morning
explained why many people are confused as to which species one  is:  it said "coo
coo coo" a couple of times like a black-billed then  paused;  as I got
closer it became "gulp gulp gulp" more like a  yellow-billed, but no other
noises.   Presumed black-billed, but OK,  I've not heard that many, so maybe this
is not unusual?  I did see  a yellow-billed the other day (elsewhere), its
beak quite distinct, but it was  silent.

Angela Dimmitt