[CT Birds] Ospreys

Roy Harvey rmharvey at snet.net
Sun Jul 7 07:59:12 EDT 2013

Passing this along.

 From Matthew Sabourin:
I went to Cornfield Point today and while driving back home in the late
afternoon / early evening I stopped by the creeks to see what was
around. Earlier I had noticed a few Ospreys, as well as a Great Egret. I also noticed a grackle and several herring
gulls at the beach itself. But in the evening when I stopped by the
creeks I noticed THREE ospreys in the nest, one to the side, and another posing on the sign on the other side of the road. So that’s five
Ospreys! Good times. Love these pictures of the guy on the sign eating a fish. You can tell they use it a lot, there’s fish guts dried onto the
sign dripping down the side of it.

That’s all for now. Here's the pics: http://www.flickr.com/photos/39445433@N02/sets/72157634517569831/

Creeks, Middlesex, US-CT

Jul 6, 2013 6:15 PM - 6:25 PM