[CT Birds] Terrapin Turtle Update & Important Info !

Donna Caporaso donnacap at aol.com
Wed Jul 3 14:58:02 EDT 2013

Thank you to all who text, called and wrote with your kind words and suggestions.

Dr. Milos called this morning with bad news / good news regarding the injured Diamond Backed Terrapin turtle I brought to them yesterday.  The bad news is she has severe lung damage that can't be fixed.  He will put her too sleep :(  The good news she has eggs that are undamaged and he will incubate them and release any young.  He will keep me posted.

Dr. Milos wanted me to pass along that anyone who finds an injured or DEAD Terrapin to please bring it to him.  He has been successful in incubating eggs in the past.  I think that is a wonderful thing for him to try and do.  He doesn't charge but asks for a donation to the turtles care or to a wildlife organization of your choice - this is not a requirement but a suggestion.  His information is below.

Shakespeare Veterinary Hospital, P.C.
47 Nichols Avenue
Stratford, CT 06614-4942
Drs. Milos, Block & Will