[CT Birds] Please thank Governor for Vetoing Bad ATV Bill

Breslin, Sandy sbreslin at audubon.org
Wed Jul 3 22:06:26 EDT 2013

Hey Folks,

Thanks to an outpouring of emails from you and conservation leaders from around the state, Governor Malloy decided to VETO Senate Bill 190 - the bad ATV bill we wrote you about last week. This bill was passed in the last minutes of the legislative session without benefit of public hearing or lawmaker debate. Unchecked, it would have opened up fragile state conservation lands to damaging ATV use.

Yesterday, Governor Malloy stepped in to protect Connecticut's parks, forests, wildlife management areas and natural area preserves from the damage and noise caused by ATVs.  What a way to start the Independence Day holiday!

So, before you head out to your July 4th celebrations and excursions this weekend, please join me in thanking the Governor for his support. It is very important to let him know how much his action to prevent this bad bill from becoming law means to us.

You can use this link:

Feel free to contact me with any questions.

Happy Fourth of July!

- Sandy

Director of Governmental Affairs
Audubon Connecticut
185 East Flat Hill Road
Southbury, CT 06488
(203) 804-0488 cell (Best)
(203) 264-5098 x306
(203) 264-6332 fax

Audubon Connecticut, the state organization of the National Audubon Society, works to protect birds, other wildlife and their habitats using education, science and conservation, and legislative advocacy for the benefit of people and the earth's biological diversity. Through our network of nature education centers, protected wildlife sanctuaries and local, volunteer chapters, we seek to connect people with nature and inspire the next generation of conservationists.