[CT Birds] Greenwich Tod's Point Osprey nest July 5 update

shootsnaps at aol.com shootsnaps at aol.com
Fri Jul 5 18:00:16 EDT 2013

Very hot sunny day, 95 deg's. Must be very hot on the nest in the sun. Mrs O. sits with the chicks while Mr. O sits in the shade trees. Later, He arrived with what looked like wet grass, perhaps to cool things? He only stayed a minute, and left.

One of the young immediately began flapping its wings as though it wanted to follow dad off the nest. Very exciting display for me as this is my first time watching the whole process. I had almost packed up to leave when it all happened.

Can anyone look at the pix and through experience tell when they wil probably fledge?

Pix @ http://www.libraphotography.com/osprey-hatchlings-2013.html

AL Scuterud
Old Greenwich