[CT Birds] Defending their own....

Elaine Taylor etbchs at aol.com
Mon Jul 8 06:41:27 EDT 2013

Not a spectacular birding ID story, but thought I'd share this behavior observation. Yesterday, a young bobcat decided to stroll along the field border of my yard where so many species of birds are nesting or have young. Little did I know just how many until they began to defend and deter the possible predator. A silent, hot summer day quickly changed as the tiniest sparrows to the largest Grackles (and everything in between) began diving and screeching at the bobcat who, may I add, paid no attention to their warnings and just continued to stroll out of site. Then, just as quickly, the silent summer settled in once again.
Elaine in Bristol