[CT Birds] Peregrine chasing Osprey

lpflynn at optonline.net lpflynn at optonline.net
Thu Jul 11 21:45:16 EDT 2013

Hey Chris,

I've watched your scenario a number of times around the Norwalk Islands, it's always been the 1st year just fledged falcons, I guess they are just feeling their oats.
This is always really cool to see, sort of an F14 Fighter Jet against a 747 jumbo jet, I've never seen any damage done, but often many Osprey from other nest will  team up and join in force to escort the falcon (eagles and others) out of the area.
I recall we saw something like that a few years back, I think is was is April, with David with a young eagle causing the brouhaha over the power plant nest areas?
I followed the  two Peregrine fledges from the Norwalk RR Bridge tower, anything from I95?

Larry