[CT Birds] difficult life birds

Carrier Graphics carriergraphics at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jul 13 10:25:21 EDT 2013

Seeing we all are having fun with Wants on this list - what about our CT difficult life birds that we just didn't seem to get while everyone else was getting them?

Example: To me it was the - YELLOW BREASTED CHAT. Back in the early 60's, they were occasionally being seen along the shore, but I missed all of them. It got so bad for me, I finally resolved that I would not follow after them from others sightings and just wait till I eventually saw one on my own. Well that took many years to happen. August 31, 1976 to be exact. I was on my way to work in Avon, when i stopped at Bakersville Swamp in New Hartford to see what might be around. No sooner did I get out of the car than I spotted a Chat singing from a tall bush! No mistaking this bird! Was lifer # 310, and was so proud I finally got it on my life list on my own.
What was your most elusive CT life bird?