[CT Birds] About life birds -

holmses at cox.net holmses at cox.net
Sun Jul 14 10:31:19 EDT 2013

Paul, I have always counted life birds this way. When I began "keeping score" there was hardly any other way to do it.
I had no mentors or role models that were able to teach me how or show me where I might go, so I made up my own rules. If someone else tells me what it is, I don't count it. If I'm at a zoo or other location that collects or stocks birds, I can't count them. (which means no penguins, no matter how many times I go to Mystic). This website remains a valuable way to confirm an early or late migrant or an irruption, or to safely report something unusual, but my rules prohibit me from going anywhere anyone else sees one and claiming it on my list (sorry Mr Kite). Is there anyone else with similar rules? Dave H.