[CT Birds] Bobcat hunting small birds?

Carrier Graphics carriergraphics at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jul 8 21:54:57 EDT 2013

Hi Elaine

Same happened to me here in Harwinton yesterday. I heard songbird commotion down by my chicken outside run at the edge of the woods. What a chatter, thought it was the Red s Hawk or Barred Owls who come out during the day. Saw the chickens frozen. When I got down there, I spotted a Bobcat walking the fence trying to get through or under the chicken pen wire fencing. Scared her off quickly. The small birds followed. I wondered if Bobcat raid bird nests in the trees?
I know she keeps the Squirrel, Rabbit and Chuck populations down here, but birds in trees? Don't know.