[CT Birds] American Coot

Jane Olsen olsenj at stlukesct.org
Tue Jul 9 20:45:54 EDT 2013

This evening I saw what I am sure was an American Coot in the pond on the
property of the Ridgefield Recreation Center, on route 35 just north of the
downtown area.  I did not think they were seen in this area?  I have seen
them in numbers in Arizona, and I am confident that's what it was.  Is this
as improbable as I think?
Lots of gorgeous cedar waxwings there as well this evening, along with the
usual suspects: catbirds, red winged blackbirds, canada geese, and a
hopping fledgling that looked to me like a rb grosbeak, although I may have
them on my mind because a pair we have had before returned to our feeders
this weekend.

Jane Nicklin Olsen
Fifth Grade Teacher
St. Luke's School
New Canaan, CT 06840
email: olsenj at stlukesct.org
phone: +1 (203) 801-4905

*This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended
If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately
by return e-mail, delete this e-mail and any attachments and destroy any
copies. Any dissemination or use of this information by a person other than
the intended recipient is unauthorized.*

*Please consider the environment before printing this email.