[CT Birds] Mass BOOBY Prize

Frank Mantlik mantlik at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jul 9 21:37:53 EDT 2013

I thought this of interest to CT birders.

Yesterday (7/7) a whale watch boat at Stellwagon Bank (off Provincetown, MA) encountered an adult BROWN BOOBY. After landing on the boat, it then apparently road back to the Boston port, where it spent last night on the boat. It flew off this morning. This info provided by Naeem Yusuff.
It just makes me wonder if it's the same bird that appeared in CT on May 23, riding around on an oyster boat off Westport, then later landed on Larry Flynn's boat, at his Norwalk marina.

Frank Mantlik