[CT Birds] FRI on clapper rails

Zack Weber birdingwithzackweber at gmail.com
Thu Jul 11 11:09:58 EDT 2013

I'm hoping to see my life clapper rail.  I've heard that there are some
good spots for them along CT's shore.  In particular, Hammonasset Natural
Area seems to be a popular location that isn't too far from my home in
Boston, although I'm willing to travel further if it increases my odds.

I'd appreciate any tips, hints, or tricks for actually seeing a clapper
rail in CT.  My plan is to head to CT this weekend.

(It would be a bonus if the clapper rail location also had boat-tailed
grackles, as this would also be a life bird for me.  My main focus is
definitely the rail though.)

Best Regards,
Zack Weber