[CT Birds] Who's in YOUR top 10?

Dan Rottino rottino at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 12 08:53:57 EDT 2013

Tough decisions.
Top 10 US most wanted list:

Kirtland's Warbler
Chestnut-backed Chickadee
Three-toed Woodpecker
Gray-crowned Rosy Finch
Brown-capped Rosy Finch
Black Rosy Finch
Whooping Crane
Golden-winged Warbler
Painted Bunting

I had to weed out 20+ others.  I also realized that the US list includes birds not in the No. Amer guides - Hawaii, territories, etc. - so many birds to choose from!  If the rosy finches are lumped together then I would add Green Jay and Steller's or Spectacled Sea Eider, and still get all the rosies.  Other thoughts:  if I get anywhere in the vicinity of these, then I'll be likely to get many of the others on the larger lists.  Clark's Nutcracker was one of my strong runner-ups.  Thanks Jonah for the fun focus.  It's good to have priorities.

P.S.  Jonah if you want help getting Cerulean, I'll be happy to go to Hartman Park in Lyme with you.  I got my life bird there in May and they were recently still being reported.