[CT Birds] Common Ravens in Norwalk

Mike VanValen mikefuture95 at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 13 12:55:20 EDT 2013

I had 2 common ravens in my yard yesterday. They landed in the top of the largest tree with several blue jays in hot pursuit. The mobbing continued for a few minutes, with a lot of noise from both species. The ravens then flew a couple yards over, with the jays following. I heard the ravens vocalizing for several more minutes and then they moved on. I had a raven take shelter from a tropical storm in my yard back in 2010. I'm guessing they are just passing through on their way to more suitable habitat?

Mike C. Van Valen
Vice President
NAFHA - Northeast