[CT Birds] FW: Bird Fest at the Conservancy

Lynn Jones lynnjones11 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 16 09:17:54 EDT 2013

 This came across my email.  I know nothing about it but some of you may be
interested.

Dear fellow bird enthusiasts,

I’d like to invite you to our first *Bird Fest – A Celebration of Aviculture
* on July 27th.  *Bird Fest* will be a fun event intended to introduce
attendees to the diversity of birds found in aviculture, while providing
learning opportunities to those already involved in bird care.  The event
will also be a great way for the Northeast’s bird keepers and fanciers of
all types to meet and get to know each other!

The day will include presentations by bird experts on keeping a variety of
bird types.  The Conservancy’s grounds will also be open for attendees to
enjoy our waterfowl collection and learn how we keep our birds.

*Bird Fest** is FREE and open to the public.  Please no pets (birds or
otherwise).**

Speaker Lineup:*

10am: *Keeping Pheasants & Quail* –  Ed Roberts

 11am: *Introduction to Falconry* – Nick  Tiberio

 12pm: *Selecting & Preparing Chickens for Exhibition* -  Stephen Blash

 1pm: *Keeping Parrots* -  Daniel Kopulos

 2pm: *Raising Waterfowl* – Ian Gereg

 3pm: *Ask an Avian Vet* – Dr. Marc Valitutto

I hope to see you there and please spread the word!

Thanks!
Ian
---

Ian Gereg, Executive Director