[CT Birds] WW DOVE-NO; Possible Godwit

Frank Mantlik mantlik at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jul 17 11:16:47 EDT 2013

>From Frank Mantlik

7/17 Stratford, near Stratford Point.  From about 9:30-10:30, I searched on and off for the previously-reported WHITE-WINGED DOVE in the neighborhood near Stratford Point (Prospect Dr.). No luck hearing or seeing it, though the temps were already in the 80's, with no breeze. I don't believe any reports (positive or negative) were posted yesterday.  It may still be around; I would think cooler times of the day increase one's chances.

Also, I received a belated report from Toby Appel of a possible Godwit species at Sandy Point, West Haven, 7/14, after 6 pm.  Two top birders who were there the next evening saw none. Something to keep an eye out for.