[CT Birds] Migrating Eagle?

Boletebill boletebill at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 22 11:50:40 EDT 2013

About summer Eagles: Paul, you didn't say if you observed an adult or a sub-adult. It's my observation that sub-adults and unmated adults are apt to wander in the post breeding cycle part of the year. It's also been my observation that all summer under certain weather conditions Bald Eagles get way up high and glide for no particular reason, to my mind, other than that they CAN. It's also an observation on my part that not many birders are scanning the stratosphere for migrating raptors in mid to late July so maybe it's happening but our eyes aren't there so much. These are my simple observations and I do not have any science to back these claims up.

Bill Yule
Haddam CT